A graphic designer is a person who gives the shape and design to the products after completely understanding the needs of the client.
Skills and Qualifications
A graphic designer works on a plethora of areas like websites, apps, books, magazines and banners. This requires a highly creative mind. His duty is to project the brand in such a manner that it entices the prospective customer. He needs to interact with the clients to understand the projects before undertaking it. The layout design must be compiled to meet the objectives of the client and help grow the brand.
Anyone planning to get into this field must have experience in Graphic Designer Jobs or shall have completed graduation in visual arts. Expertise in the following will also aid your job prospects::
- 3D design
- Communication design
- Fine art
- Graphic design
- Visual Art
Roles and Responsibilities
Being a graphic designer is challenging as you are the brain behind how the client’s business is being projected. A designer’s job is to present information in a way that is both accessible and memorable. Here are some brief details on the responsibilities of a graphic designer:
- Briefing with the clients or their representatives to understand their needs and objectives comprehensively.
- Development of the graphic designs that suits and meet the objectives of the clients.
- Coming up with some innovative thoughts and ideas to make the client’s brands stand out.
- Redefine the design briefs with your creativity and skills while meeting the deadline.
- Presentation of the ideas before clients for approval.
- Having the ability to work with CAD and other technical aspects to produce some captivating graphics.
- Refining the designs to come up with accurate and error free designs in alignment to the client’s objective.
- Working in cohesion with the other members of the team like co-designers, printers, illustrators, copywriters amongst various others to help in serving the clients optimally. Good team skills to work in harmony with the team is vital as in any other job.