Atom’s one of award-winning growing consultancy in UK who grew 28% during
Covid-19. We are developing some key national services for UK – Department of Education DFE,
Department of work and pensions DWP, Ministry of Justice – MOJ, Homeoffice, Passport office HMPO
Roles and Responsibilities
SDET’s professional’s knowledge is entirely focused on testability, robustness, and performance.
- Test automation tool development and may make it for generic use.
- We are looking for a SDET with experience enhancing and extending automation tools and
frameworks. Candidate will be testing software before it is released to the production
environment, and building tools to improve monitoring and timely resolution of issues.
Candidate will as well be enhancing the software build, deploy, and continuous integration
capabilities to improve quality and development efficiency.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer or SDET
- Excellent testing skills to determine root causes of issues required
- Experience with automated testing tools and frameworks
- Knowledge of performance and scalability test approaches and automation desired
- Experience with DevOps principles, tools, and processes desired
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- * 4+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies is desired
- Demonstrable experience in applying Agile testing (preferably Scrum and Kanban)
methodology, skills, and techniques to projects. To confidently discuss Agile testing processes
from an overall software development perspective.
- Demonstrable experience of Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development
(BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and pair-testing activities. Experience of component
integration testing (CIT) and system integration testing (SIT).
- Demonstrable experience of analysing and executing Risk-based and Context-driven
approaches to testing, together with demonstrable experience of using Exploratory testing
- Demonstrable experience of automation testing using Agile with architecture, design and
configuration of testing frameworks. Including Selenium with IDEs for C# and Java
development. Also, SpecFlow; Cucumber; and other tooling.
- Demonstrable experience of MS SQL database testing skills, including validating stored
procedures, jobs, and triggers.
- Demonstrable experience of data warehousing, ETL, data migration processing and data quality
assurance management, testing.
- Demonstrable experience of Application Program Interface (API) testing within Agile sprints,
using tools such as Postman and/or other industry recognised API testing tools.
- Demonstrable experience of accessibility testing
- Demonstrable experience of performance, scalability, and security testing of a variety of digital
services, especially with Apache JMeter and OWASP top-ten security testing.
- Demonstrable experience of presenting test outcomes to technical and non-technical teams.
Presenting all types of findings to a range of audiences, including Demos, Show and Tells,
Retrospectives and walkthroughs.
- Demonstrable experience of producing Test Approaches and Sprint Test Plans collaboratively
with the team and suppliers, in accordance with the Department’s overall approach and test
- Testing certification: ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level and ISTQB Certified Tester
Foundation Level Agile tester extension
- Performance testing, automated generation of test data, etc.
- Automate the acceptance test by leveraging their coding skills
- Deal with end users or customers and their experiences. They already possessed engineering
skills so they can also think like a developer.
- Extensive code coverage through unit testing
- Can build, deploy, run & manage the application individually
- Influence the development, program management, & design teams on technical
implementation and user scenarios
A SDET must have excellent verbal and written communication skill. Testing materials like test cases,
plans, test strategies, bug reports created should be easy to read and comprehend.
To become good Software Development Engineer in Test, you must have a GREAT attitude. You should
able to upgrade your technical skills with the changing technologies. Your attitude should have some level
of independence. So that, you can take ownership of the task allocated without too much supervision.
Apply for role firstname.lastname@example.org